Complete Pet Health Care
Clients come to Sharon Lakes Animal Hospital because they know our veterinarians and staff are committed to giving pet patients the best possible care. One of the ways we achieve this is by offering the advanced veterinary technology and surgical care of a large facility while maintaining the personalized service and attention typical of a smaller pet clinic. Our veterinarians will work closely with you to provide the health care your pet needs to stay happy and healthy throughout each stage of his or her life.
We invite you to learn more about the services we offer. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact us. We are happy to help!
- Pet wellness care - Preventive care is the most important component of your pet's overall wellness plan. Because pets age approximately 3.5 years every 6 months, we recommend semi-annual exams for all of our patients. During these appointments, our veterinarians will conduct a complete physical and determine which pet vaccinations are appropriate based on your pet's unique lifestyle and needs. Counseling also will be provided about parasite prevention, pet nutrition, and any pet behavioral concerns that may arise.
- Veterinary surgery - Our veterinarians are highly trained and experienced in performing a wide range of surgeries - from spay and neuter, mass removal, and cherry eye procedures, to more specialized ones such as knee (ACL/CCL) repair. We believe in providing a human level of care to all of our pet surgery patients. Examples of how we achieve this include our use of laser technology - which reduces bleeding, swelling, and pain, resulting in shorter surgery times and quicker recoveries - and our development of individualized plans for anesthesia, fluid therapy, and pain control for each pet patient.
- Pet dental care - Dental disease is extremely common in adult dogs and cats. Our digital dental X-ray technology enables us to accurately diagnose our pet patients and provide proper oral care. We offer comprehensive oral exams, cat and dog teeth cleaning, and pet dental surgery services when needed.
- Veterinary diagnostics - Sharon Lakes Animal Hospital offers on-site lab services, including blood chemistry, hematology, urine culture, and electrolyte analysis. In addition, we have veterinary ultrasound and advanced digital X-ray technology. These tools enable our veterinarians to quickly identify any health issues your pet may be experiencing and determine the best course of treatment.
- Pet cancer treatment/chemotherapy - We work closely with veterinary oncology specialists in the area to assist our pet patients that are facing cancer. Should your pet require chemotherapy or radiation, we will be happy to discuss treatment options with you based upon your pet's diagnosis. In many cases, the oncologist will provide treatments . However, we are able to offer treatment for the more common forms of cancer at our hospital, in an environment that is comforting and familiar to both you and your pet.
- Cold laser therapy - This therapy, which is also used on humans, penetrates tissues and decreases inflammation and pain. Pet patients facing arthritis, back pain, bite wounds, snake bites, and anal sac infections can benefit from this cost-effective treatment.
- Pet boarding and kennel services - All of our pet patients are welcome to board with us, including those who require special veterinary care or a doctor's supervision. Our skilled staff will monitor your pet to ensure he or she is eating properly and that no health issues arise. Rest assured that your pet will be in good hands while you are away.
- Baths and nail trims - We offer soothing baths for our canine clients using our luxury Hydro-Surge bathing system. We also furnish medicated shampoos for pets that have skin conditions and could benefit from them. Complimentary nail trim and anal gland expression are included. For a smoother finish to your dog's nails, we also offer nail grinds.
- Pet medication/pharmacy - Our hospital has a full-service pharmacy on site. We understand that it can be difficult to administer pet medication, so we work closely with our clients to provide a variety of options to make the process easier. We also offer very competitive pricing on heartworm and flea control medications.
Prescriptions may be picked up at our veterinary hospital, or we will gladly mail them to you at no charge. Refills may be obtained by calling our 24/7 refill hotline at (704) 552-7694, ext. 16, and, once approved, are ready within one business day. We also have an online pharmacy for your convenience. It features products that are fully guaranteed by the manufacturers, unlike most prescription products sold through commercial Internet pharmacies, and even offers prescription diets from Hills. All prescriptions are reviewed by Sharon Lakes Animal Hospital prior to being filled for your pet's safety.