Our Charlotte vets can treat and manage dermatological (skin) and allergy issues in your cat or dog.
Skin, Coat, Ear & Nail Care
Dermatological services treat and prevent diseases of the skin, coat, ears and nails in cats and dogs.
Chronic or recurrent skin problems, ear infections and allergies can be irritating or painful to pets, and frustrating for pet owners.
With a range of tests available to us in-house, we look for the root cause of your pet’s skin disorder and offer a customized treatment plan to start the healing process.
Dermatological Issues: Causes & Symptoms
Pets can develop skin problems as a result of allergic reactions to substances in their environment, such as chemicals in cleaning products.
Others can have skin problems due to a reaction to ingredients in their food, an underlying disease or condition, or fleas.
- Excessive scratching
- Rubbing of the face or ears
- Chewing or biting skin
- Scooting or rubbing
- Excessive licking
- Red, irritated skin or sores
- Flaky, dry skin
- Hair loss
Common Skin Conditions in Cats & Dogs
There are many different dermatological conditions that can affect dogs and cats, but some are more common than others.
These include food or environmental allergies, bacterial infections, hot spots, hair loss, fleas, ringworm, ear mites, and even acne.
Skin problems in pets can range from mild or temporary, to more serious problems that can lead to skin infections and other health problems.
Our Dermatological Services
Our animal hospital offers the following dermatological services:
- Allergy testing, diagnosis & treatment
- Treatment of mites (Demodex & scabies)
- Treatment of ear & nose disorders
- Laser treatment for skin disorders
- Diagnosis & treatment of hair loss & hormonal disease
- Diagnosis & treatment of paw & nail disorders
- Identification of underlying seborrheic & breed disorders
- Identification & treatment of immune disorders
- Diagnosis & treatment of skin cancer & tumors
Spa Days for Cats & Dogs
Maintaining your pet’s coat, skin and claws is essential to their comfort and wellbeing, and it makes those cuddle sessions even more pleasant, too!
During Spa Days at our clinic, we offer our clients 10% off our standard bathing and grooming services.