Sharon Lakes Animal Hospital provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs in South Charlotte.
Have an Emergency?
If you have an emergency or need urgent care during regular business hours, call us or get your pet to our hospital as soon as possible. Starting treatment right away may decrease recovery time or even save a life.
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing or continuous coughing/gagging
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more